At the Farmers Market Again

After doing some volunteer work at a gallery today, I took a short walk to Union Square...It was on my way home anyway since that's where I catch my train home. I had my camera and thought, "why not?" I'm glad I did. I walked around and enjoyed what I saw. I took so many pictures I was forced to open a Flickr account since I can't show all of them here!
Don't know if it looks crowded but it was. It was a mad house, people constantly walking into each other and not noticing. Every one was busy and distracted with all the produce on display. I know I collided with a few as I took my pictures. This image is the west side of Union Square.
And this one is the north side. This area is more open but it still didn't help much since it was here where I ran into people.
The peaches looked so good, just wanted to take them all home....Especially since I just got done painting one the night before. I love the leaves still attached to the ones in the center.
Immediately I thought of Van Gogh when I came across these sunflowers. This is my first time seeing this type of flower in person and I was amazed at their hot intense golden radiance.
I love the way the farmers set their tables with rows and rows of veggies. All this bounty hits you hard and makes you go wow! I know I did.
Heirloom tomato was the word of the day today. The first time I visited the Farmers Market a few months ago I didn't see any of these. But today everybody and their mama had heirloom tomatoes and they were all amazing. The shapes, colors and intensity of all of them in groups were too much for me to take. Wanted to buy a few but they were $4 a pound, and these are huge tomatoes. 1 lbs. would have been one tomato, I just didn't have the money for that. I had to settle on taking pictures.
I thought these little yellow tomatoes were so cute! They were like little kitties trying to get adopted at a pet store! Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but what can I say, I'm still very excited about the things I saw today.
More tomatoes!!! I'm telling you, they were every where. I didn't mind because I love tomatoes, they are firm and yet juicy....the sexiest veggie of all.

Comments

Great reference material for more painting. Get busy. I was climbing at Break Neck Ridge in the spring. Drove right past the Vanderbilt's. No time for coffee. If you like my work, maybe link it. I'll come back and see how to link you most effectivly. Best Regards
Takeyce said…
I love farmers markets, too. Thanks for sharing those great pictures.
Parisbreakfasts said…
Beautiful post Luis and perfect for www.Flickr.com
HA! I told you so :)
Luis Colan said…
Van Vliet, thanks for dropping by, as a matter of fact thank you all for checking in. The there are some shots I hope to use as reference in my work, they are all so great I can't choose. Oh well! I'm very excited about Flickr, have so many pictures I haven't been able to post here so might as well show them on flickr. I'm planning on taking more shots of NYC, especially at night. Take care everyone and we'll chat some more soon.

Luis
Mauricio said…
Hello Luis,

Que linda féria y todo arreglado!!!

Un abrazo!
Luis Colan said…
hola Mauricio, con todos los colores y la gente parece una feria verdad? Pero en un mercado, como los que se encuentran en nuestros paises.
cuidate

Luis

Popular Posts