Last Night in Manhattan

My time as a Manhattanite is over. Friday night was my last night and I couldn't help but to feel sad. I've had the privilege to live in the actual Gotham City and enjoyed every minute of it. As of Saturday I'll be moving back to Astoria, in Queens. Not a bad area at all, actually I love it there, but there was a certain romantic charm about saying "I live in Manhattan."
Nine months have gone by really fast, and so has my money. Was it worth it? Yes! It was very convenient to live in the island, the commute to work was a lot shorter, you can walk anywhere, can walk home from any hang out point in lower Manhattan, and meeting friends for drinks or whatever was much easier. Now I have to set one hour aside to come into Manhattan from Astoria. No big deal since I've done it before.
Some what upset I went up to the roof deck of my building and took these shots. My good bye as an insider. The financial district looks so alive from atop, while things are quite and desolate below. I'll miss living here, but happy to know that I'm moving on to a new exciting part of my life. Along with a new home is the new year, and I hope to make it a good one and focus a lot more on my art. Who knows, maybe I'll go back to school. Well, time has run out and I have to turn out the lights for the last time in this little studio apartment. I invite you, by clicking on the link, to witness my experiences in the city during these nine months. Have a look at my Views of NYC.

Comments

m collier said…
Thank you so much for sharing your time in NY (I often stop by your blog and take a look). I have visted the city several times, but to live there would be a dream. You got to live the dream !!! I checked out all you photos -- a lot of wonderful shots. Keep them coming and I look forward to some great stuff from Queens. M
Luis Colan said…
Hi M.
Yes I got to live the dream, but now I'm sad. I wish I could have stayed here but Oh well! I was very lucky to have had help along the way and to that one person who helped me get in I will alway be greatful! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos...there's more to come since I'm in the city everyday for work. Take care and Happy New Year!
J Matt Miller said…
I also love Manhatten--and the Met is my favorite museum on the planet!
Luis Colan said…
Yes, I love the Met as well. That and Strand bookstore are two of the main reasons why I couldn't leave NY.

Popular Posts