Garlic Head

Garlic Head, 2007, oil on canvas, 8 x 6 inches
I'm back! Well, not yet but I will be in the next week and a half. Last night was one of the first nights of peace I've had in the past month, and when the mood is right you might as well paint. I had been keeping my eye on this garlic head growing sprouts in my roommate's kitchen, and last night was the right time. It felt good to pick up a brush and load it with paint, it has been a while since I had taken in the smell of oil paint and it was pure bliss to my senses to be submerged in the process.
After a long and painful search, my roommate and I found an apartment just one block away from my old one in Queens. I'm very happy to be moving back to that neighborhood since it is close to shopping and restaurants. Move in day is Monday and the rest of the week I'll be unpacking and settling in. I have plans on getting back to painting as soon as everything in place.

Comments

m collier said…
Glad to see you back.
Luis Colan said…
Thanks M, it feels nice to be back as well. I haven't been posting but I have been keeping my eye out on the artist bloggers. Thanks for giving me the welcome back.
Christina said…
I'm glad you're back too. I've never been to New York and have always had a romanticized Hollywood version of it. I enjoy reading about your "real life" version of the area (and your paintings too of course)
Luis Colan said…
Hi Christina, thank you for checking in. I'm very excited to do a new post soon...at the moment I'm busy setting up my new studio space and unpacking boxes. I'm very happy you enjoy my blog, and the stories of New York. Just like you, I've always had that romantic Hollywood image of New York as well, and after living here it becomes a real thing. At times is hard, just like the past couple of month I've had, but in the end it is well worth it. Hope to put up a new painting soon. Take care.

Popular Posts