Abstract Studies 2

Abstract Study No.4, 2007, watercolor on paper, 7 1/4 x 9 inches
It's back to work again. Last night I needed to let loose and have some fun. What better way than to keep working with a relatively new medium for me. It's hard to let go and try new things. I keep trying to do what I used to do with oils a few years ago. But I was glad that I didn't get to precious with these studies. I let the paint run and do it's thing.
Abstract Study No.5, 2007, watercolor on paper, 7 1/4 x 9 inches
I love painting still lifes, there's a sense of connection to tradition that makes me feel good. But it doesn't compare to rush that I get when dealing with abstraction. With this kind of language you can only rely on the color and the shapes you put down and somehow make them work. There's nothing in the physical world that can be used as comparison, so the creation of an abstract piece or study is much harder yet rewarding.

Abstract Study No.6, 2007, crayon and watercolor on paper, 7 1/4 x 9 inches
It was liberating to push and splash paint around. It could be frustrating too, especially dealing with the runny nature of water but you just work at it until you make it work. More to come soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gorgeous.
Luis Colan said…
thanks foxy!

Popular Posts