Goodbye Pigments

Four years have come to a close today. Kremer Pigments was my first and only full time job, and the economic provider for my life here in New York. During my employment at the pigment store I learned so much about raw materials, their use, their history, and their value.
Kremer never trains their employees about pigments and their different use, that would be an impossible job since all materials are interchangeable and different variables come to play when getting a specific kind of paint. But it was inevitable not to play with the materials. Through lots of reading and note taking I dove into the world of raw materials and used that knowledge on my painting. This valuable information filled me with a new sense of pride as an artist. But all good things must come to an end.
I'm moving on to the next stage in my life. All the things I learned and got to see at Kremer will always be priceless. I learned more about art by working here than what art school ever got to teach me.
Thank you Kremer for the opportunity, the job, the knowledge, and everything else you brought to my life.

Comments

Popular Posts