A Big Challenge

I have been working on a Caravaggio copy, Supper at Emmaus, recently. It has been something I have been wanting to do for a few years after starting a copy of his Saint Francis in Ecstasy, a painting I failed to complete. Since then I've been wanting to take on the challenge again. This painting will be important not only because I'm expecting to learn from it, but because it will make me aware of my talent, and because it will hang on the wall of someone I love. I will not say who, or for what occasion this painting is for because it will ruin the surprise.
The downside is that I set an unreal deadline for the painting. I thought I was going to complete it in four weeks, including the stretching and priming of the canvas. I'm nearing the middle of week two and so far the composition is not even outlined. The most important thing is to complete a good painting, so if it takes me double the time allotted for it than so be it. It will be worth it in the end.

Comments

Popular Posts