Working the Landscape

It almost seems like fall is here, as a cool breeze creeps through the windows of my studio at nights. I love painting in the fall and winter; hibernation seems to keep me more focused. I have been working on the landscape painting above in the past few days. There's some progress but I feel it needs more work. I'm after a Titian landscape I guess, meaning I will keep pushing this painting for a while. Working on a landscape is doing wonders for me since I'm not intentionally trying to recreate the smooth reflective surfaces of onions and tomatoes. This is forcing me to think in terms of paint and learning how to push it around more. The goal for this piece is to keep it painterly and let the texture of the different layers of paint recreate, on their own, the many layers of vegetation in this landscape.

Comments

Popular Posts