Glue It

I have developed a routine of preparing canvas in between paintings. I started laying down glue on a few small pieces of canvas and linen for future work. I find it easy to reach into my supply of canvas and pick the size that might work for what I have in mind. I don't plan paintings in advanced, I find that process too slow. I just want to dive into painting right away when I get an idea.
I've heard great things about linen, but because of its cost I've shied away from it for years. Is like the gem fabric you don't want to ruin with a silly sloppy painting. But the time has come for me to give it a try, who knows I might like it more than cotton duck. I know I used to feel the same about panels, and now I think my best work has been done on wood. Now that I've got a number of these supports glued I can start laying down the ground in the few days to come.

Comments

Sylvia Jenstad said…
I had to stop and tell you... Layer by Layer and Asherville are amazing... the colours are so relaxing... Wow

Popular Posts