Not So Good of an Update


It has been a very busy month, I've been working two jobs trying to catch up with some bills that have caught up with me. I'm walking around like a zombie with no days off, but it's something that has to be done. To add to my tired, out-of-it new sense of self, my messenger bag was stolen last weekend from a bar/restaurant in Chelsea. With it went my moleskine sketchbook, notebook, and calendar; two yards of Belgian linen, digital camera, credit cards and checkbook among other things. Cash is low so it seems like it might take a while before I get another camera, meaning that I can't update this blog for the next couple of weeks. I still have some images, I took and saved before this happened, from three exhibitions and will make some comments on in the mean time. What was most valuable were the sketchbook and notebook, had some drawings there I never got to scan and are now lost forever. And as if I need any more bad news, I just received a rejection letter from New American Paintings apologizing for my entry not making into the last 40 finalists. Set backs are inevitable, but it's hard to deal with them all at once. But the world doesn't stop there so back to work it is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune. Whoever stole your things is going to get it "back" big time . . . what goes around, comes around.

I have an extra moleskin notebook that I haven't used. If you'd like to me to send it, I'd be happy to, just say the word, dear Luis. I'll never use it.

My Mother used to say something like this means that you are in store for a lot of good fortune. And my Mom was always right.

Love, Robert Hoover
Luis Colan said…
thank you Robert, I have a number of moleskines in my studio waiting for me to get my hands on them, as matter of fact I started a new one...is just that the one I lost was very valuable. I started that one in 2007 a very hard year for me, and both the sketchbook and notebook have things in them that got me through a tough time. Sentimentally they are unreplaceable.
Anonymous said…
Was sorry to read of your series of misfortunes: Valle Inclan wrote something to the effect that, it isn't the facts of the past that are important but the memory of them: as much as I detest the incipient post-modernism, ha, there seems to be a certain truth there. You'll go forward with what you really need of what you've lost, I think (I hope). Marc
Luis Colan said…
Thank you Marc

Popular Posts