Open Studios 09

Jihyun Park's studio
Open Studios 09 weekend, at The Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts building, opened last night. On a very cold and damp New England night I made way up from SOHO to midtown, on 39th street. This is my first time doing any kind of open studio event in NYC, so I was very excited for what I was about to see.
Greg Kwiatek's studio
I was not only there to see art and meet artists, but I also wanted to see the places and circumstances art is created in. Most of my attention went to brushes, painting tables and palettes, and paint tubes that looked like they have been through a long and honorable battle.
Judith Croce's studio
These are some of the studios I enjoyed most, all different but all engaging. Enjoy the these artist's creative process.
Amina Ahmed's studio

Dorothy Robinson's studio

Tamiko Kawata's studio

Tamiko Kawata's studio
On the agenda tonight is Chelsea Open Studios. I will post images from that tomorrow or Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts