Working...

I worked more on this grisaille, but now that I know how Occhuzzie's paint feels I think I may stop and cover it up. You have to admit, this is not the greatest composition. I have to be honest with myself and push my abilities further. Being critical is not a bad thing, since it is what helps me, and every one else, grow. I many start this painting a little larger and may have to add another component to the scheme. I know for a fact this first try is not working for me. I don't like how the cup's handle is tickling the edge of the canvas. Nothing has been lost, on the contrary, I'll gain more once I start and finish a better version of this still life.
With the new year a new sense of direction and discipline has come my way. I'm spending more time in the studio than in the past few months. That's always a good thing. I feel like I have a purpose again. I've been working on the large still life On the Pan and progress has been steady and good. I'm definitely taking my time with this painting, it is important for me not to mess this up. Images on that on the way once I have more to show. I didn't get a chance to paint last night but I did spend a few hours taking an inventory of my canvas supply. Turns out I didn't have as many large sizes as I thought. That only means I have to do a little shopping! In all, getting back to work has made a big difference. I wake up in the mornings with more energy, and in the end, it makes me a happier person. Good way to start the new year!

Comments

Popular Posts