Monday Night at The League

I was a man on a mission last night, going to class early to secure a spot should have been easy, but being a part time student in a class of full timers means that I can get the shaft on dibs for a good spot. Two models are always present, one end of the room is for short poses, the other is for long poses that could last weeks. If I'm painting I want the long pose! To my luck there was an easel not called for and I claimed it right away. The photo above is the set up of the long pose, my painting can be seen on the far right.
Female Figure Study, 2010, oil on cotton, 22 x 18 inches
This is what I was able to get done in three hours. I am very happy with this study, after all this is my first time painting a nude. I've done figure drawing plenty of times, it's actually one of my favorite things to do, but I've always been scared to try it out with paint. Not any more! I loved this and can't wait to try it some more. Round two is tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts