Plein Air Season

Goodwin Park, 2011, oil on linen, 8 x 10 inches
Cold weather is out the door and hot summer days are here! This is the time of year I enjoy most, having been born in tropical climate, east coast winters kill me. I don't think I need to say any more about how unbearable this past winter was, and with Memorial Day weekend's nice heat wave I kicked off plein air season. I spent three days painting outdoors, the small landscape above is from day one, done on site at Goodwin Park in Connecticut. This park is located a few blocks away from where I grew up in Hartford, and although it is mainly a golf course, it holds nice memories of my time growing up there. A little concrete path winds its way through the whole park allowing runners and bikers to enjoy the open space, I know I did when riding my mountain bike under the afternoon sun. I've experienced this park in many ways, going to the public pool in hot days in middle school, or skinny dipping at night with friends in high school. This park also proved to be a an enemy when school brought us there to run and it would leave me in pain days after. Some other good memories are the tennis matches and practices that took place there after school in the spring, now I go back there to capture it's magic with paint. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts