New Painting: Avocado Sandwich

Avocado Sandwich, 2012, oil on linen, 14 x 26 inches
This is the first painting of the year, I didn't realize it would take two months to complete, but I'm glad to say that I'm done and I can move on to other projects. The format of this painting is different than what I'm used to working with, I think I'm starting to like painting on more horizontal shaped canvases. This painting was a mixture of fun sessions and frustrating nights, but I kept plowing through and I'm very happy with the outcome.
Avocado Sandwich (detail), 2012, oil on linen, 14 x 26 inches
This is a detail shop of the painting, there are a number of subtle color shifts in the background and in the objects depicted, it's too bad that they seem to have been lost in the photographs.
I'm not sure what's next, I wanted to start a larger still life but I think that might have to wait since I have three other paintings I started last year that still need work. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts