Snow in the Backyard

Snow in the Backyard, 2013, oil on linen, 12 x 9 inches
I spent three days in Connecticut this weekend fulfilling my duties as an uncle; however, this didn't keep me from getting some painting done, and as you can see CT received some snow last week. I was going to brave it out in the cold in the backyard but my point of view from the ground wasn't giving me what I was looking for. In I went and set up in front of the sunroom window where I could see things from a hight perspective, allowing me to catch more of the blue shadows on the snow. This is my first winter scene, perhaps not a masterpiece but a nice little study I'm proud of. This is a nice lead way to what I'll be painting in the next few days in Durango, CO. Yes, I will be doing some more winter scenes and this time I will actually be out in the open, in the frigid dry cold of Colorado. More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts