New Plein Air: Wethersfield Cove

"Wethersfield Cove", 2015, oil on linen, 9 x 12 inches

We are starting to have beautiful weather in the East Coast, and that means my plein air gear gets the dust brushed off and it goes back to work.  Saturday was such an incredible day for painting, not too hot and not too cold.  I visited a spot in Wethersfield, Connecticut; a place I have not been to since I was in high school. Off to the side of Wethersfield Cove Path I found this great spot which reminded me a lot of many paintings I have seen by Monet, Pissarro, and Sysley. On my bus ride back to Connecticut I was looking at three apps dedicated to each painter, I guess I was searching for inspiration, and it worked because at the moment I encountered this area of the Cove I immediately got in the zone and began working, thus kicking off plein air season for me. In this painting I can see some improvements, it makes me very excited to see what future paintings will look like once I get the hang of it back again. More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts