Back at it Again!


It's been a busy summer, it feels like I have barely been around, which means that trying to get work done was hard to accomplish.  But now that summer is done, at least in the calendar, monotype sessions at Salmagundi Club are back in session.  Last night was the first time we all gathered to make some magic happen on our copper plates and it's almost as if I had not missed a beat. 


Look at that shinny copper plate!  I purchased this plate in Barcelona when I visited earlier this month, I was not looking for a copper plate, I was only looking for cool watercolor books, maybe leather bound, and this guy basically jumped off the shelve to come home with me.  It's a great size, 6 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches, perfect proportions for landscapes.  I think I will get a lot of use out of this one.  


The first image to go on my new copper plate...I'm really loving this size, can't wait to see what sort of things I make with this one. 
 

Moving on to a familiar size, my 6 x 8 inch plates... 


None of the landscapes from tonight were planned out ahead of time, as it has been been process recently I'm coming up with compositions as I go along, letting the ink and reflections on the plate guide me.  All of the sudden a moon appeared on my second plate and I went along with it.   


Plates two and three done and ready for the press.  The a-ha moment when sometimes you are pleasantly surprised, and others the final print shows you all your mistakes and you just have to live with it.  I will post images of these prints in the next couple of days. 

Comments

Some really quality blog posts on this site
Some really quality blog posts on this site

Popular Posts