5 x 5 Exhibition and Fundraiser

 

I'm pleased to announce that I have been asked to include a small work on paper for an online exhibition and fundraiser at Westmont Ridley-Tree Museum of Art in California.  All work will be available to view and bid online by clicking here.

 
Description of the event below: 
 
"This exhibition will feature hundreds of small 5 inch square works by regional, national, and international artists. Artists were invited to create a unique work of art on a square of Rives BFK paper which they received and returned to us in the U.S. Mail. Returned works will be auctioned to raise support for arts programming at the Westmont Ridley-Tree Museum of Art."

Untitled, 2020, ballpoint pen on Rives BFK paper, 5 x 5 inches

This is the drawing I made and it has been a nice departure from my Moleskine sketchbook drawings.  This was a good excuse and exercise to test the possibilities of a ballpoint pen with a softer and slightly more texture paper like Rives BFK.  The advantage to drawing on this paper with pen is that I was able to get very soft areas without much effort.  The downside of this paper is that I was not able to get deeper tones because the paper was too soft and acted as a cushion for the pen.  In all I'm pleased with this test run and I will be making more of these drawings on different papers and see where that takes me.  



Comments

Popular Posts