In the Company of Ghosts


It's hard to believe summer is over.  For me it felt like it flew by in a week, and I didn't get much of a chance to be outdoors and enjoy it.  This has been a busy year for me, I feel like I'm constantly struggling to keep up with everything I have to do and with time.  In between work, school, and other projects, I have continued drawing.  My ghost prints have kept me sane and in good company.  


Through the summer, I have made time to continue my series of ghost print drawings.  I have been exploring different ink colors, such as this deep green.  I'm still deciding if I like this color or not.  I will explore more with it in the near future I'm sure. 


I'm not sure how I arrived at this color, Calligraphy Sepia by Higgins, but one thing I'm sure about is that I love it!  And the good thing is that it's suitable for fountain pens...maybe that was the deciding factor for my purchase...who knows?  


I have gone back to working with red ink, after making four drawings with it in the past, I fell in love with the idea of depicting landscapes in red.  The color associated with trees and landscapes is usually green, using its complimentary color red in my drawings gives it an element of surprise and it also pushes the subject into a contemporary context.  It's a new way of looking at the landscape, and the response I have received on these has been positive and encouraging.    


So far two red drawings have been finished.  Not sure how many more I'll do, I guess I'll continue until I get bored with red.  I will be sharing finished drawings soon, make sure to check back.  



Comments

Popular Posts