My beginnings


My first exposure to art happened when I was a little boy growing up in Peru. The image is a crucifixion scene painted in the 1600's which is brought out and carried in a procession in the streets of Lima during the month of October. There was something about this particular painting that always moved me when I came face to face with it, and to this day it has the same impact. During my free time I would draw and paint, and my main subject was this image of the Lord of Miracles. Any surface and drawing tool would do; I always felt the need to make one of my own. As I grew older the image remained with me and I promised one day to paint a crucifixion scene of my own.
I'm still working on that promise!
No preliminary sketches exist as of yet...I always crumble and throw them away because I'm not happy with them.


Comments

Parisbreakfasts said…
Where are the doodles & preparatory sketches? ? ? Show us :)

Popular Posts