The Onion

Onion, 2005, oil on canvas, 7 x 6 inches

Onion II, 2006, oil on canvas, 7 x 6 inches

The Onion has become one of, if not the main subject for most of my paintings. In my early years of painting I had used onions in different still lives but it was never emphasized to the degree that it is now. I have grown to love onions not only because they are an essential staple in some of my cooking but because of its simple rustic beauty, and because of the way it reflects light. At times they look like they glow from within.

Onion on Dish, 2005, oil on canvas mounted on panel, 10 x 10 inches

Comments

Parisbreakfasts said…
BRAVO ! These are beautiful Luis. Great beginning. Keep it up. :)
Anonymous said…
VERY IMPRESSIVE KID! Keep up the good work, it WILL pay off!
-Phil
Luis Colan said…
Thank you for the kind words. With comments like these I'm able to feel that I'm on the right track. Thank you!

Popular Posts