I'm Still Here

It may seem like I have dropped out of the face of the earth, but the fact is that I'm still here sitting at the side lines watching all the artists around me. After completion of my last painting, On the Lid, I took a little break from painting. Major changes in my life have been taking place and I'm still trying to get used to the newness of it all. But work must resume. Picked up my brushes, laid out some new fresh paint on my palette and painted my night away, well almost the whole night. I am very excited about this new painting since it will be the first one in a long time where the composition is not focused on a single object. Not to mention that this will be my first time painting apples since the year 2001. The famous apple, a subject very widely used by still life painter throughout history has been a topic I've stayed away from since then, intentionally. The way I saw it was, how many more times can one paint an apple, or pair as a matter of fact? But I'm ready for it now. In the back of my mind I'm keeping Caravaggio as a source of inspiration, in hopes that his work will guide me to make this apple still life stand out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I'm still here" this made me really pay attention. The painting is also beautiful. Are you going to have a show this year?
Luis Colan said…
Hi Bob, good to hear from you. Thank you for the compliment on the painting. Right now its in the very first stages so it could go anywhere in the next week. No shows in site as of now. I'm still looking though, I just have to get new work ready to show before I submit anything.
hfm said…
Looks great!
Luis Colan said…
Thank you very much Helena. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and your work. Take care!

Popular Posts