More on Nando

I spent most of last night working on Nando's portrait. One thing led to another and before I knew it it was 2 a.m. There was something that was working right from the start, the sketch came out easy and the paint started getting thicker as it dried on the canvas. This allowed me to keep adding paint.
For the moment the painting is in it's rough state, I will be working on it more during the week. This painting has made me realize that maybe I might need to chuck away Steve's painting and start over from the ground up, new canvas and all. I think the problem with that painting is that it has so many layers that I've lost the texture of the canvas, which helps to grab paint without it getting smeared. Not sure if I'll rip the canvas from the stretchers just yet, I will work on it more this week and see where it goes from there. Wish me luck with Steve, but as far as Nando is concerned, it's a smooth sail, just like the kind of person he is.

Comments

Popular Posts