Work Continues

I have been painting on and off, working on multiple pieces such as Jarod's portrait, and three still lifes. I became blocked with the portrait, and to my aid came this beautiful onion I saw at the market when shopping for dinner one night. Immediately it found a home in my studio sitting atop a blue dish. How can I resist painting two beautiful colors such as blue and orange?
The sketch for this onion is a bit rough at the moment, I'm letting the paint settle on the ground for a few days. The gesso ground I have on this surface is too porous and paint sinks in. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll start working more on it.
I've also been working on this still life on canvas. Once again, an idea came to me as I was cooking. I guess this is a good thing, cooking allows me to see possibilities in subjects but the bad thing is that it delays my dinners!
I have added a little color, working on it sporadically as it sits on the studio floor. It seem I'm all over the place these days, I can't focus on one painting. For the moment the plan is to finish a larger still life I've been working on since last year, and to finish the Jarod's portrait as well. We'll see how I handle it!

Comments

Popular Posts