Self Portrait

Self Portrait (first layer), 2010, oil on linen, 10 x 8 inches
I am not one to do self portraits, as a matter of fact the last time I painted one was ten years ago! Why start now? Disillusion after finding out that summer classes at the League were over last week is what drove me to look at my self in the bathroom mirror for three hours. I wanted to paint a portrait, that's what I got ready for, and since there was no class and no model, I subjected myself to pose for myself. I admit it was very strange to see me develop on canvas, but at the same time I was surprised to see all the things I've learned come to play nicely in this self portrait.

Comments

Robert said…
I love it. Enjoy your commentary, but I am not surprised at all, you have a lot of golden talent :-)

Popular Posts