New Plein Air: Hyland Park, No.2

Hyland Park, No.2, 2013, oil on linen, 12 x 9 inches
I took a short last minute trip to Hartford last weekend for mother's day, and as it turns out we had a beautiful sunny and hot Friday. Spring has been mostly cold, and on that day it was the first time we reached eighty degree weather. It would be a sin to stay in and read a book or watch TV, of course I had to go out and paint, to  my luck I don't have to walk far from my parents' home. Less than a block away there's a little park called Hyland, mostly consisting of baseball fields, but to the side there's a rocky hill that faces the street where my parents live. It felt good to paint outdoors again, but man was I rusty! It took a while to get the hang of it, but in the end I'm happy with this little painting.

Comments

Popular Posts