New Plein Air Painting

Lullwater Bridge, 2016, oil on linen, 10 x 15 inches 

Spring is here, we were off to a good start with very warm temperatures a few weeks ago, and then all of the sudden things cooled off.  Regardless, warm days are under way and that can only mean one thing...it's time to paint outdoor!  Two weekends ago I was able to paint in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, a place that is not very familiar to me but it has been on my painting radar for a long time.  I finally made it there and I think I found my new painting destination in NYC for the summer!  The park was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, the mastermind behind Central Park.  Many years ago I read somewhere that this was Olmstead's favorite park he had designed, and I can see why.  There is something more organic about Prospect Park, which in the end yields more surprises as you explore it.  This painting is the first of my Prospect Park series, and to be quite frank I think this is one of my strongest paintings yet.  I can't wait to see the work I get done by the end of summer.  More to come!    

Comments

Popular Posts