Two New Monotypes

Untitled, 2016, monotype, image 8 x 6 inches, paper 11 x 8 1/2 inches 

These are the latest additions to my group of monotypes, which is growing faster than my paintings.  Something has to be done about that this summer, I'm making sure of it.  As always the challenge is to come up with new ideas, very different than plein air painting because you don't have a location in front of you to aid and inspire the work.  Lots of little studies are made in my sketchbook to get ideas going, a good thing since it has forced me to draw more often.   

Rising Clouds, 2016, monotype, image 6 x 8 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches 

I'm not sure how long I will keep working with the sepia ink though, maybe I'll stop when I run out of the grey Rives BFK paper I've been using.  I'm thinking this summer I'll moving into color...we'll just have to see what happens.

Comments

Popular Posts