Recent Monotypes

Leaning Tree, 2017, monotype, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 

On May 20, Salmagundi hosted an all day monotype party, and of course I could not miss it. 

Leaning Tree, 2017, monotype (ghost print), image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 

As usual it's a race against the clock even though you have all day to print; it's amazing how quickly time flies, especially when you're having fun!

Siluetas, 2017, monotype, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches

This year I have been approaching my monotypes a little differently.  I have been coming up with the compositions on the spot, making it up as I go.  But on this occasion I went back to my sketchbook for ideas. 

Siluetas, 2017, monotype (ghost print), image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches 

I have not been sketching as much as I used to, after this monotype party I think I have run out of material…yikes!

Manzano, 2017, monotype, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches 

Not to worry though, part of being a creative type is that I'm always ready for more challenges, and trying to come up with more sketches exploring different compositions is definitely one of them. 

 Manzano, 2017, monotype (ghost print), image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches 

This ghost came out beautiful.  Sometimes it's surprising how a ghost  can read better than the original print.  The subtleties are more apparent while having that hazy atmospheric effect that can sometimes seem mysterious or mystical. 

Al Borde de un Bosque, 2017, monotype, image 8 x 10 inches, sheet 11 x 13 inches 

I'm sad to say though that I will be missing Salmagundi's all day draw-a-thon / monotype party this coming weekend.  It's ok, I'll be in the Hudson Valley collecting more inspiration for more prints.  Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts