Recent Drawings

 

Leaning Trees, 2019, pen and ink on Arnhem paper, 11 x 8 1/2 inches 

Although the title of this post contains the word recent, the drawing above is not so much.  I did, however, photograph it recently, which means I had not shared it before.  The remaining drawings are from the first half of this year.  It's unbelievable that we already have half of a year behind!

Untitled, 2021, pen, ink, and watercolor over etching on Rives Heavyweight paper, image 5 x 7 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches

My exploration of drawing on top of ghost prints continues.  With each drawing I change the color of ink to fit with the tonality and hue of the remaining ink left over on the ghost.  The drawing above takes this idea further with the use of watercolor.  I painted and drew over an etching which failed to print correctly.  I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong with this etching.  Sometime this summer I will try to print from the same plate again in hopes that things go smoothly.    

River Scene, 2016/2021, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, on Rives Heavyweight paper, image 6 x 8 3/4 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches

In the meantime, work continues with this series of ink drawings which has awaken a very expensive habit of collecting fountain pens...one for every ink color.  What have I gotten myself into?!  Make sure to keep checking back for more work and updates, and also remember to follow me on Instagram where I post on a daily basis.  

Bend on the Road, 2016/2021, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, on Rives Heavyweight paper, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches


Untitled No. 6, 2020/2021, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, on Rives Heaviweight paper, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches

Comments

Popular Posts