Quoting the Past: Contemporary Landscape Ballpoint Drawing


In April 2021, I began working on this ballpoint pen drawing in Central Park.  I had an idea that it would take me longer than usual due to the complex composition and a slightly larger size.  I had no idea that it would take me through most of the year.  I admit, I did not work on it for weeks at a time, but progress was very slow during the days I did.  


At some point in the summer I began conversations with Zebra Pens USA to collaborate on a blog post for them.  I thought why not use this drawing as an example of how I use their ballpoint pen.  


This collaboration with Zebra was the big motivation for me to keep working and to finish the drawing.  It's always good to have a deadline of some sort, it keeps me focused and more productive.  


On September 27, 2021, my blog post, "Quoting the Past: Contemporary Landscape Ballpoint Drawing," went live.  You can read it via this link! 


I had intended on sharing this in September when the Zebra blog was released, but at that moment I was entering my last semester of school and things got very intense.  I will be sharing more on that later on, for now I'm catching up with unfinished business relating to my art.  



 PS: Zebra also posted a video of the process of this drawing in their YouTube channel, to see it click here! 

Comments

Popular Posts