Drained but Working















Don't know why but I have been extremely exhausted. Doesn't' matter if I get some decent hours of sleep, it's just hard for me to get up in the mornings, and throughout the day I continue to drag my body around. All who are close to me know that I'm not a morning person, they also know that I love to sleep ridiculously late! But now it's different. My body feels drained, maybe my four months of being a party boy has finally caught up to me. It doesn't matter now since I've calm my social hormones down. But all this hasn't stopped me from working. I keep forcing myself to get some painting done even as I'm falling asleep on the easel. There have been many ideas popping in my head for new paintings, and I have to run with it. Seems like I'm leaning towards portraiture a bit more. I'm excited about this change, but nothing has been started yet. I'm still working on three still lifes and Steve's portrait has been set aside for the time being. I have been thinking more about the way I paint and which way I should take them. Having an active brain is always good, this is the motivation, the fuel the artist needs to keep producing, even when it feels like I may drop dead with brush at hand.

Comments

Popular Posts