The Bounty of my Kitchen

Three Essentials, 2005, oil on canvas, 12 x 15 inches
Onions, potatoes and tomatoes are the main ingredients I keep at hand at all times. I'm able to cook different dishes with these as a base and without them I think I'd be lost. I have been painting onions and tomatoes for a while but the funny thing is that I've never painted a potato. I love potato to death, fried, in a soup or stew, boiled you name it I love it. So it was time to include this little delight in a painting.
This is one of my favorite paintings because not only I hold the subject matter very close to my heart but because it was a new direction in painting for me. This is the painting where I used Unbleached Titanium Pale in the background and ever since then I haven't stopped. I thought it was an amazing neutral and neutrals fascinate me. I have been trying to duplicate this background in other paintings but it's not working out the same. This is the mother of all my white ground paintings.

Comments

Darren Maurer said…
Very nice.
Luis Colan said…
thank you, I'm proud of this painting.

luis
Luis Colan said…
oh, yes. I can't eat anything without rice.

luis

Popular Posts