Latest Addition to the "Onion" Series

Onion III, 2006, oil on canvas, 7 x 6 inches
I decided to take a break from the Red Cabbage painting in the painting Process postings. What can I say, I fell in love with this little onion and I had to paint it as soon as possible. I came across this yellow onion in my kitchen one night when I was getting ready to cook. I picked it up and immediately saved it from getting sliced and cooked by rushing it to my painting area. I left it there for a couple of days and then work began. I'm very happy with this piece because the process was effortless. I sat down to paint it and after three sittings I was done. This is also the first time I've used a black ground in years. The ground looks black but it's not. It's a mixture of Raw Umber and Courbet Green, an awesome dark green by Williamsburg Oils.

Comments

Luis Colan said…
thank you. This is my favorite onion so far!

Luis

Popular Posts