Portrait of Mama

Drawing of my Mother, 2006, pencil on paper, 8 x 10 inches (image size), 10 1/2 x 13 1/4 inches (paper size)

I've been wanting to paint my mother's portrait for a while but could never get the chance. I took a photo of hers and decided to draw it hoping to turn it into a painting. I had intended to do a full body pose but in the end what matters the most for me is her face. I just want to show her as she is without any distractions. I'm hoping to start this small portrait soon, since I have already prepared the panel for it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I come here for the 1st time and I loved it. I'll return, you are on my favourites.

hfm
http://tcores.blogspot.com
Luis Colan said…
hi, thanks for dropping by. It's very exhiting to have a new visitor to the blog. Take care and I'll be in touch.

Luis
Luis Colan said…
thanks Coco for those nice comments. My mother is my greatest influence and inspiration. She's the strongest person I've ever known.

luis
Anonymous said…
Strong drawing-reminds me of Durer's self-portrait a bit..
Ms. Mole

Popular Posts