Watercolor Training

Two Limes, 2006, watercolor on paper, 5 x 8 inches

I decided some time ago that it was time for me to get reacquainted with watercolors. Have been trying to practice here in there for the past two or three months but no success. That is until last night when I picked up two limes and set to paint them. This time around I was not trying too hard to make art of it, I was just having fun and learning to deal with the looseness of the medium. The outcome of this session was very pleasing to me, maybe not a master piece or resolved composition but I like it.
It also seems to be a green month for me since not so long ago I made a little oil sketch of a lime. It feels good to have done both pieces back to back since I don't usually paint anything green. I love the color but I get afraid of it sometimes. Don't know why but I do.

Comments

ming said…
i think the strokes look very mature.

imagine that an artist afraid of green
Luis Colan said…
Thanks Ming. It's not that I have I'm afraid, I think I chose the wrong word. I think green could be a hard color to work with sometimes reason why I try to play it safe and stay away from it.

luis

Popular Posts