Workbook Pages

Warm Field, 2005, Kremer shellac ink on paper, 10 x 8 inches (image), 11 x 11 inches (paper)
After moving to New York I was forced to down size my work. Up until that point I had gone crazy with large canvases that resulted in what I think is my best work. The move to this city was a conflict with what I had gotten used to. The apartment was small and on top of that I shared it with another person who is not involved in the arts. Not trying to invade some of his personal space I started working on the small still lifes I have been showing here. But at the same time I didn't want to let go of my abstract past. I started keeping a sketchbook which I call my Workbook. When I get the chance and the itch for abstract work I go to it and put down what might be on my mind. These images are the first three serious entries to this workbook which is still in progress.

On the Sunny Side, 2005, Kremer shellac ink on paper, 9 1/4 x 9 inches (image), 11 x 11 inches (paper)

Under the Sea, 2005- 06, Kremer shellac ink and watercolor on paper, 7 3/4 x 9 inches (image), 11 x 11 inches (paper)

Comments

Luis Colan said…
yeah, Rothko has been a big inspiration for me. I've looked at his work so much that it just comes out in whatever I do. Hope I don't seem like I'm copying.

Luis

Popular Posts