Sliced Tomato

Sliced Tomato, 2007, oil on canvas, 6 x 8 inches
This is fresh off the cutting board. I finally got around to do one of the one hour painting studies. It was time and I was ready to have fun with it. I've been having artist block for a while and I was scared that I was never going to do one of these studies ever again. I've been scared lately that I will eventually stop painting, period. But today I started looking at my work with renewed eyes, a fresh start was needed. To celebrate this newly gained inspiration to keep painting I looked around the kitchen and picked up this left over tomato from the other night's dinner. I have been leaning towards tomatoes latelly more than ever, maybe because the richness of color and vitality that they have, some much needed things in my life. After painting this tomato, I felt some sense of healing, a rejuvenation which I hope will keep me producing more work.

Comments

Luis Colan said…
believe me M, I'm trying not too, but it's hard sometimes. Thanks for the encouranging words, it means a lot!

Popular Posts