Work in Progress

I'm back to work in my new studio. Things are moving at a slow pace for the moment, but I'm happy to be back at work. I began a new painting last night, a landscape of Kennebunkport Beach in Main. The image above shows the very first lines of the composition. I tried putting to use the new technique I learnt in last week's workshop, but I'm too impatient to deal with the required first steps. After I had a quick sketch done, I started going over some of the lines with paint instead of a micron pen.
This still life is coming along nicely. All the shapes have been blocked in, now it's a matter of building up paint and fine tuning the shapes. I'm still not sure about the pale green background. It's not bothering me a whole lot, but it's also not wowing me! More to come in the next few days.

Comments

Popular Posts