Working on Roses

I have been doing a little bit of work on my first tromp l'oiel of roses. So far no major breakthroughs, but the progress is steady and without problems. I'm expecting to have some technical issues once I get to the photo booth strip behind the roses. I am not an expert in portraiture, especially miniature size, so this poses to be a huge challenge.
I began blocking in the photo strip, but most of my attention has been on the roses, which are a very deep grey red. These are a couple of 1 year old dried roses and they have lost their deep red intensity, but still remain dark, almost brown and burgundy. I'm beginning to see that recreating the texture of dry roses is a trickier than I anticipated. Never the less, I keep working, trying to pull it together.
This is a close up of tonight's work, which has been on the rose on the right and stems. More to come soon.

Comments

Unknown said…
ok, stop! I have stuff to do but I keep getting pulled into your blog! Love this new work!!!

Popular Posts