New Plein Air: WTC Under Construction

WTC Under Construction, 2012, oil on linen, 9 x 11 inches  
This is my most recent plein air painting, perhaps the most difficult I've done yet. Not sure if I'm happy with it or not, there's something not right and I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's the composition, regardless I'm posting it in hopes to get some feedback as to what you think it's missing. I've been in a weird funk this summer when it comes to plein air work, I can't seem to get myself to go out and paint more often. I don't have the motivation I did last year and to be honest it bums me out. Oh well, let's hope things turn around in the coming months.

Comments

arianna said…
Don't be too hard on yourself...I would guess that it being the hottest summer EVER RECORDED would have something to do with not especially wanting to work on plein air pieces! I found myself seriously lacking motivation, myself, this summer - although being inside with A/C certainly helped me perk right back up! I guess I just find the heat oppressive sometimes...it makes me lazy. :)
Luis Colan said…
Miss Arianna!!!!!!!!!!!! always good to hear from you...yes it has been a hot summer, our A/C at home has been struggling to keep up with the heat and humidity. Let's hope tomorrow is not as hot, maybe I'll go out and paint.

Popular Posts