New Painting: Crescent Beach

Crescent Beach, 2013, oil on linen, 10 x 17 inches
This is my most recent painting which I started only a week ago, I was not expecting to work this fast but it happened. The main reason for this painting was to explore Marc Dalessio's plein air palette, which is very limited and of high chroma. I had taken notes on his palette a long time ago, I love the vibrancy of his paintings and I am amazed at the amount of different mixtures he's able to get with his it.  On a late night I began work on this beach scene and the new colors had me hooked. I think working with this color palette helped the painting attain a sense of light and air I haven't seen on my work before. I am very pleased with the result and I think this summer I will try to use this new palette more often on my plein air paintings.

Comments

arianna said…
On my phone, this painting looks like a photograph. Gorgeous. I agree about the vibrant palette.

Popular Posts