New Plein Air Paintings

Here they are, the most recent plein air paintings from Central Park and from a weekend trip to Olivebridge, New York. I have come to the realization lately that I'm no longer a studio painter, it bores me to bee sitting in a room surrounded by four walls with a ton of canvases and bad lighting! The more time I have on a painting the more I doubt myself and unnesesary changes happen, ruining most of my work. Painting outdoors forces me to make quick decisions while trying to capture the scene in front of me. It's  a race against time as the minutes go by and light changes. This is an exciting challenge and I relish in it. This summer will be a good one, I can feel it!
North Woods Waterfall, Spring, 2014, oil on linen, 12 x 9 inches 

In the Woods of Olivebridge, 2014, oil on linen, 11 x 9 inches

Olivebridge View of the Catskills, Early Afternoon, 2014, oil on linen, 9 x 11 inches

Olivebridge View of the Catskills, Late Afternoon, 2014, oil on linen, 9 x 11 inches


Comments

Popular Posts