June Monotypes, Part 1

River Scene, 2016, monotype, image 6 x 9 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches

June is shaping up to be a very productive in the printing department.  These are three prints and ghost prints I made three nights ago.  To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about them, I think there is too much contrast and I'm having a difficult time liking them.  I am enjoying the ghost prints better though, I guess not all is lost. 

River Scene, 2016, monotype (ghost print), image 6 x 9 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches

Tonight I will be doing some printing and will play around with the ink a bit more to see if I get the desired effects.  I think I also found the right type of black ink that will give a warmer and softer tone to the prints.  Let's hope it works out for me tonight.  More monotypes coming in the next couple of days. 

Bend on the Road, 2016, monotype, image 6 x 8 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches


Bend on the Road, 2016, monotype (ghost print), image 6 x 8 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches


Grassy Field Near the Beach, 2016, monotype, image 5 x 7 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches


Grassy Field Near the Beach, 2016, monotype (ghost print), image 5 x 7 inches, paper 8 1/2 x 11 inches

Comments

Popular Posts