Missing Summer Fun

Summer loving had me a blast, summer loving happened so fast...and fast it was!  As usual summer comes too late and goes too soon, I'm missing those warms days of fun painting at the park or painting poolside.

Yesterday NYC was covered in slushy snow, most of the city was not ready for it causing major delays and the shutting down of Port Authority.  Many trees throughout the five boroughs were downed due to the weight of the snow, which is too bad because this city needs as much green as possible.  I say the only acceptable chilly thing that needs to be downed is a nice glass of Martini.

This summer we got to stay at a friend's East Hampton home for a long weekend, and as usual with any long or short trip I bring things for me to work on.  I have a problem with sitting idle, my hands need to be busy all the time.

I was able to get some watercolors done, it's been a while since I put this book and watercolor box to use and boy did it feel good.

There's also nothing like waking up to a nice cup of tea, sunshine coming through the window, and yes some painting.  As I sit here typing this post with chill seeping into my bones I look at this image and feel the warmth of that sunny day wrap me up like a blanket.



The three watercolor sketches above were done that weekend in East Hampton between swimming, laying down under the sun, and taking in some libations.  Not a bad way to live right? 

I miss sunny hot days, I feel like I'm at my happiest during summer months.  With winter now upon us I cover myself up in many layers and patiently await for warmer days to come.

Comments

Popular Posts