Ghost Print Drawings, Part 2

Untitled No. 5, 2019/2020, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, image 6 x 8 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches 


These are a few more of the drawings I completed during lock down.  By this point I was on a roll drawing on top of the ghost prints as I kept exploring fountain pens and ink.  As it turns out, the dark blue ink works well with these, also the ink and pen combination allowed me to get some nice soft tones, which I have not been able to get with other pen and ink combinations.    

Nubloso, 2018/2020, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, image 8 x 6 inches, sheet 11 x 8 1/2 inches 

Some of that softness can be seen in the cloudscape above, and to be honest I did not think it would turn out well.  But I'm glad the pen behaved and it didn't leave pools of ink behind.  The same can be said about the drawing below, this one I'm very happy with.   

Moonrise IV, 2018/2020, pen and ink over monotype ghost print, image 8 x 6 inches, sheet 11 x 8 1/2 inches 


Untitled, 2020, pen and ink, image 6 x 8 7/16 inches, sheet 8 1/2 x 11 inches

This one is not one of the ghost print drawings, but it was inspired by them.   This is a regular drawing done with the same kind of fountain pen but on a harder paper.  I'm not sure why but things felt wrong while working on this, I think it was paper, or maybe the fact that it's lacking that atmospheric effect the ghost print provides.  Or it could be the wrong color of ink, who knows, but I will keep trying until I get something I'm happy with.  

Comments

Popular Posts