In the Rambles

Path in the Rambles, 2009, oil on canvas, 8 x 10 inches
This is the third plein air painting done in Central Park, and a continuation of last week's earth tone palette technique. But on this painting I added a little more chroma using small amounts of Sap Green and Viridian to flesh out the green areas of the painting. This painting course is turning out to be very beneficial, I'm learning little things here and there that are making a big difference in how I approach painting. One of the biggest thing I have to learn is to draw with paint. It seems I can lay down color and stokes very well but in the quickness of working I tend to overlook delicate details that can be achieved by drawing with the brush. But this is not bad for a guy who once called himself a spoiled studio artist.

Comments

Popular Posts