Color Palettes

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Robert forwarded me a link of another blog about artists' color palettes. I have always found intriguing the color choices of different artists throughout history. Some color ranges are very limited, mostly because of what is available at the time in certain geographic regions. What is most amazing is the how the same artists with limited color choices were able to do so much with the mixtures they were able to make. I learned about working with a limited palette in 2009, and I think narrowing down my choices has worked so much better for me. Above is my plein air color palette made of Ivory Black, Ultramarine Blue, Kings Blue, Viridian, Sap Green, Burnt Sienna, Red Ochre, Yellow Ochre, Nickel Yellow, and Titanium-Zinc White.
Here's the link to Oil Color Palettes. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts