Pier 54 Ventilation Tower, Sunset

Pier 54 Ventilation Tower, Sunset, 2011, oil on linen, 10 x 8 inches
It's been a while since I've gone out doors to paint, and on Sunday my desire to enjoy some sun and warm air by the water was raging. After work I walked down to Pier 54 right off Canal Street and the West Side Highway, I had some vague idea of what I wanted to paint but I wasn't sure if it would work out. To my luck I found a nice patch of grass with a good view and out of the way of all the Sunday afternoon runners. I love plein air painting, there's something peaceful about it even when you're painting in the middle of the city. What I could do without though are people who like to hover over me while I paint, and on Sunday it was no different. A few little kids, a young woman, and an old lady later I had a nice little painting going.

Comments

Popular Posts