A Self Portrait

Self Portrait, 2011, graphite in moleskine sketchbook
This drawing came out of pure boredom, which to me shouldn't exist because one can always be busy doing something! In my years of painting and drawing, the number of self portraits have been very limited, mostly because it feels strange looking in a mirror for so long...I tend to start criticizing myself and it ends up bad. I need to shave, I need a haircut, my skin looks so bad, ewww what's up with the dark outlines under my eyes, and the worst of all...I need to lift under my chin! That's just the start of it all, but criticism aside I was able to complete this small drawing in my moleskine sketchbook. I'm still debating about turning this into a painting, mostly insecure about it because I look a little angry in this. I guess we'll see what comes of this in the future.

Comments

Robert said…
I think it's oustanding. Bravo, Luis!

Popular Posts